resin pulls away making bare spots

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lori

I have spent, no joke, hours trying to figure out what’s going on and none of the explanations I find fit. I’m losing my mind and wasting a ton of supplies.

I wash the item with soap and water and a rag and scrub hard. I then put on nitrile gloves and wipe the piece with alcohol. I pour the resin and within a minute or two (not when drying, this happens fast) I see spots where it doesn’t stick and pulls away. It happens while I’m still pouring, I can see I have a problem before I’ve even finished and walked away.

Here’s the possibilities I’ve tried to eliminate…

I saw where maybe I wasn’t using enough so I make extra resin and drop it directly into the bare spots. It does no good and the extra pulls away, again, within 1-2 minutes.

I’ve taken various tools and tried to push the resin into the bare spots and it does…for a minute or two then pulls away.

I have tried two brands of resin.

I have this problem on aluminum, ceramic and sealed/painted plastic.

It happens on my turner and it has happened on flat pieces.

What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks,
      Lori

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Lori,

I’m sorry this is happening to you. This article will give you some ideas on what could be going wrong: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-art/why-are-there-dents-and-holes-in-my-resin-painting/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘resin pulls away making bare spots’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube