reusing mixing cups

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      leah

i love using resin but hate how much i have to throw away after i’m done (gloves, mixing cups, stirring sticks, plastic under the pieces to cover the table). is there any way to reuse the mixing cups without worry of it affecting future resin?

i’ve sometimes had luck peeling out the old stuff and have also tried cleaning with alcohol but am not positive either method doesn’t potentially have curing consequences for new batches. i’m currently using easycast resin but since i’ve had such poor luck with reliable curing, i’m hoping to use more jewelry-grade epoxy resin, or maybe even switching to something other than epoxy. (thanks for the helpful resin comparison chart, katherine!)

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Leah,

Happy to hear the chart helped!

If you are using good quality mixing cups (not party drinking cups, water bottles, etc.) you can reuse them. This video on the Resin Obsession you tube channel shows you how to clean them out for reuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Ixaa0Lw6o

Robert Alexander

What about silicone mixing cups? Since they’re silicone, can I just let the epoxy or resin cure and then pop it right out of the cup?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘reusing mixing cups’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube