Sealing fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Janiel

Please help! I have tried to seal light colored fabric with mod podge, spray, and Elmers glue before I use resin. The problem is that all of them have all darkened the fabric.  What seal can I use to keep the fabrics color vibrant before I use resin.

Katherine Swift

Hi Janiel,

Youve tried everything I would have suggested.  At this point, I would ask for help from a clothing expert.  Im thinking there has to be something out there (like wedding dress preservative) that could work.  As an experiment once you have a fabric specific sealant, I would try putting some fabric in resin with the fabric sealant only and some sealed with glue (or something similar) after it has been covered with the fabric sealant.  I would be curious to hear if the fabric sealant by itself was enough to keep resin stains out.

melissa

I am new to all this but I was just wondering if using clear tape could work 

Katherine Swift

I think clear tape would be worth a try, but depending on how thick the fabric is, I would be worried about trapping bubbles around the edge of the fabric.  Those bubbles might be visible after putting the piece in the resin.

Its worth a try though!

Alice

I have had no problem sealing fabric with resin. It just requires a very thin layer, perhaps repeated once, on each side. Your difficulty may have more to do with the fabric you were using than the sealing method.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sealing fabric’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube