Sealing Paper: What about Krylon or Laminating?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aubrey Mortensen

Hi there! I am very new to resin, I’m usually doing crochet projects year round so this is more of a fun project to do with my kids. Here’s my problem, wondering if anyone can help? I want to put paper in resin without spending a fortune on printing things. I have an inkjet at home and I have tried to “seal” printed paper multiple ways with NO luck. Here’s what I’ve done with varying results, and with watching MULTIPLE how to’s (everyone makes it look pretty easy :D):
      1. Sealed paper with Mod Podge: 1 resin circle out of six didn’t get weird discoloration on the paper. I’m sure I missed some spots
      2. Sealed paper in clear packing tape: I have yet to master this without getting weird bubbles and tape lines. I need to learn more patience with the tape I’m sure.

Here’s 2 other options I have yet to try:
      1. In my years of art and design schooling, I have used Krylon Workable Fixatif for sealing drawings with pastels and chalk BUT I have never tried it in resin. Has anyone used spray products on paper before they put it in resin?
      2. Can I laminate paper before putting it in resin?

What am I doing wrong? What is the RIGHT way here? Is there a right way? LOL
      Thank you,
      Aubrey

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Aubrey,

Yes, you can use spray sealers on paper before putting them in resin. This one in our store is what I like to use:
      https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray

You can also use laminated papers in resin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Sealing Paper: What about Krylon or Laminating?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube