shipping to cold climates

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chris

I am considering a purchase of your 48 oz.super clear resin. my question is about shipping to a cold climate, I live in the Chicagoland area and right now it’s pretty darn cold, would your product be affected by freezing temperatures if it were to sit on my front porch for any length of time? Or even just in transit to here, say the post office or a slow mail carrier? If so what are my options to avoid any damage to my purchase? Perhaps signature required UPS? I appreciate your response, Thanks. Chris

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’m glad to hear you are thinking about this. Properly caring for resin is one of the ways to make sure you have a long shelf life.

It has been our experience that properly handled packages (i.e they don’t fall off a delivery truck and freeze in a ditch somewhere) generally do fine.

Our large resin kits ship directly from our production facility in the northeast via UPS ground. I expect it is two to three days delivery to you. If you want to place an order and are not in a hurry for your resin, leave us a note checkout to not ship until a Monday. That way, the package should be ‘moving’ the entire time and not sit in a cold truck over a weekend.

If you are comfortable receiving packages at work, that will be a better option for you as well. UPS generally delivers to commercial addresses first knowing that businesses are only open until 5 PM or so. Since you are in Chicago, there may also be an option to pickup your package at UPS hub, which means you could have your package even sooner.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘shipping to cold climates’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube