Some items cured and others didn't in same mold!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Arleen

Hello

I am using the Amazing Clear Cast resin.

I’ve been having an issue with curing and I’m hoping someone can help. I have a silicone mold with different shapes in it for jewelry. I made the resin mixture as directed and added some blue glitter. When I checked on the casting I found that several of the items cured properly but others did not cure completely. One I had to dig out because it hardly cured at all! Let me reiterate that I am using the shapes from the same mold with the same batch of resin.

This is really frustrating! Can anyone give me some insight?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Arleen,

Would the cavities with resin that didn’t cure happen to come from the last bit of resin you poured from your cup?

Arleen

Thank you for responding!

To be honest, I am not positive but it is definitely possible. I thought I mixed it thoroughly. Do you suppose that was the issue?

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

Yes, that is my first thought. I have cast resin where the first bit I poured (after mixing) did fine, but the resin I scraped out of the cup at the end did not. This was from me not scraping the sides of my cup well while mixing. Some even recommend mixing for awhile, then transferring the resin to a new cup to mix more to avoid this.

Arleen

Thank you so much! Ill definitely try that and see if I get better results!

~Cheers~

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Some items cured and others didn't in same mold!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube