Strange ‘watermark’ reaction on cured surface

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums Resin finishing Strange ‘watermark’ reaction on cured surface

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katherine Swift 1 month ago.

• Author

Lynsey

Hi there,

I’ve encountered an issue where after doming my resin and allow it to cure it comes out with a weird watermark on the very surface of the resin. The resin itself it cured very hard and it’s been left to cure covered so it’s not a matter of settling dust or anything.

I’m confident I’ve mixed throughly and have transferred to a new cup to mix again. This is about the 6th batch that have turned out with this strange surface imperfection. Am I holding the flame too close or something when popping bubbles, would that cause this?

Has anyone encountered this or know what it could be?

https://imgur.com/a/nPFPCiz

Thanks!

• #38405 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Lynsey,

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

• #38477 Reply

Lynsey

Hello!

I’m in Australia and using Barnes Epoxycast Clear resin. I noticed Resin Obsession sell resin but I’m not sure what type is the best or whether shipping to Australia is an option.

htp://www.barnes.com.au/epoxy-resin/epoxycast-clear-casting-resin-1240

Thanks,
      Lynsey

• #38520 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

It sounds like you may be mixing too much at once and the resin is overheating. Do you know what the maximum mixing amount for this resin is?

Reply To: Strange ‘watermark’ reaction on cured surface
Your information: