Tacky Table Top

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert

I attempted to create a coffee table with wine corks covered in resin. After the final pour, there are a few tacky areas. I understand, this is probably due to a few pockets that were not properly mixed, but now I have a table I cannot set things on for fear of them becoming stuck to the table top. Any ideas for fixing these problem areas? I would like to find a way that does not involve pouring another coat as it is a fairly large table and that can be expensive once I buy new resin, a drop cloth and mixing buckets.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Robert, if the areas are tacky (like tape), you can use a couple light layers of our resin gloss sealer spray. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray Otherwise, you will need to recoat with another layer of resin.

Beez

Alright so my question is very similar to the tacky table top issue. I have poured the resin over a 3D object and some spots are still tacky. Checked the heat level in the drying area, 72* F. I understand that I have messed it up and the finishing spray looks promising. However, these are drinking glasses and need to be food contact safe. Thanks to this forum I used Aluminite Super Clear Coat FDA compliant once cured, but will the finishing spray make it not food safe anymore?????? Please help! Lol

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

The resin gloss sealer spray has not been deemed food safe. If you want to be sure your item is food safe, I would recommend another layer of the Amazing clear cast resin.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Tacky Table Top’ is closed to new replies.