Tools for applying small amounts of resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tereze

i am looking for some kind of tool – a large syringe, perhaps, or some kind of plunger – for placing small amounts of resin, where pouring from the cup is too difficult to control. I don’t want a pre-filled double to be – my experience is that the different viscosities result in uneven amounts. What I’d like is some way to fill a syringe-type tool with resin ivecalready missed, and then apply it. Should I just use a large syringe? Are there any tools made for this purpose? Ivectried just using the tip of tacwoode mixing stick but it doesn’t provide for much control. Any advice/suggestions would be welcome!
      Thanks.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tereze, I like to use syringes for this purpose too. I find I can control the resin a lot better as well. The problem I find is that they are difficult to clean to reuse. Have you considered pipettes? https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/pipettes-qty-20 They might not give you as much control, but they cost less. I don’t feel bad about throwing them away. 😉

Tereze

thanks Katherine! I will order them!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Tools for applying small amounts of resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube