un-yellowing and removing scratches from resin jewelry?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alicia

Hi everyone!

Im not a resin user or jewelry maker, but I do own a a few poured resin pieces that I adore, but I have a problem with two pieces in particular.
      1. I have an adorable rectangular pendant that a friend made for me about 5-6 years ago that I am in love with. It was once clear, but now it has yellowed. Is there a way to un-yellow the resin?
      2. I have this great domed resin ring with a small ghost confetti inside (I am in LOVE with ghost things), but it has gotten rather banged up, and now there are scuffs and scratches on the surface, and there are chips in the back that scratch my finger. Any way to fix these problems?
      Thanks in advance everyone! After seeing all of the great items and tips on this site, I might start making my own pieces!
      xoxo
      Katherine Swift

@Alicia,

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix pieces that have yellowed.

As for the rough surface, try sanding the large pieces with coarse sandpaper (600 grit or so), then sanding with finer grits until you get a matte surface.  If your scratches aren’t deep, you can use a fine grit here as well.  Once you’re done, if you want extra shine, go over it with some of our Novus polishing system.  You can buy it here:  https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/novus-resin-polishing-kit

Good luck!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘un-yellowing and removing scratches from resin jewelry?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube