UV resin finishing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Addie:

Hi, I am hoping you can help me. I love using UV resin. It dries quick and seems to stay nice and clear. I have tried using an open back bezel and only problem is the adhesive from the packing tape. I use a UV lamp so it melts the adhesive and leaves the back wet and sticky and so was wondering if you know what I can use to get rid of the sticky mess at the back once the piece has cured. I have waited up to three days and it still remains sticky. I tried using rubbing alcohol, but that just dulls the resin. It gets rid of the stickiness, but then the piece doesnt look good anyway because it is no longer shiny.

Katherine Swift

Hi Addie,

What kind of tape are you using?  I like to use a good quality masking tape when I work with open bezels.  Duct tape or something similar can leave a lot of residue. 

Since the alcohol is take the residue off, I would go with that technique.  Other solvents are probably going to be just as harsh.  Use a very fine grit of sandpaper to smooth your end again, then recoat with another layer of UV resin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘UV resin finishing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube