Vacuum chamber newbie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tara

So I had just attempted to use my new vacuum chamber for the first time. I am using the resin obsession brand easy cast super clear epoxy resin, as I have plenty of times before. Everything seemed to be going well, all of the air bubbles were foaming at the top as was described by the vacuum chamber instructions. Once nearly all of the bubbles were gone the resin started to bubble wildly which was strange because it was so calm a moment ago. I stopped the pump and released the air pressure, only to realize my resin hard cured to a complete solid and was hot to the touch. Do vacuum chambers create heat? Is this a thing? Once been trying to search and figure out what I’m doing wrong before I waste more product. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tara,

As we talked about by email, I think the main problem here is that you mixed more than the 3 ounce recommend maximum for the Resin Obsession super clear resin. When amounts greater than that are mixed, the resin will generate a lot of heat quickly, which will cause it to solidify much sooner than the 25 minute expected pot time.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vacuum chamber newbie’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube