Washi tape and ribbon

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne

Hi,
      I am brand new to resin. Is it possible for me to make a bracelet using washi tape? Ribbon? Thank you.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Joanne,

Yes, washi tape and ribbon work well in resin. You will need to seal the ribbon with a couple of layers of clear drying glue first, otherwise, it will take up moisture stains. You should know it will stiffen up as well. You don’t need to seal washi tape with glue before using it in resin.

You can see how I used washi tape and resin to make pendants in this article: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/craft-tape-resin-pendant-tutorial

Joanne

Thanks Katherine.
      Will vinyl stickers work? What about plastic ones? Thank you.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Yes, both of those will work. I don’t think they will need sealing first. The way you will know is to ask yourself if getting them wet will change the appearance. If the answer is yes, then seal before putting them in resin.

Joanne

Thank you. What about Felt?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I would suspect felt would take up moisture stains, so I would seal it first.

Kimberly Bishop

Hi, I know this is a super old thread, but I found it while googling my question so hopefully I can add my 2 cents!

I got a booklet of really cool stickers made for bullet journalling at Michael’s (The Happy Planner Girl in “The Stargazer”), and the last few pages have clear/metallic stickers that ended up working really well in my resin. The majority of the sheets are paper stickers meant for writing on, so I wouldn’t buy this unless you think you’ll use it for multiple projects (though they’re just gorgeous to have).

The first one I made by just pouring my clear layer, then immediately trying to put the sticker into the wet resin facedown (lol can you imagine) which resulted in lots of bubbles underneath the sticker that were hard to get out.

The second time, I poured my base layer and let it cure for a few hours until it was tacky, then placed the stickers, which worked so much better!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Washi tape and ribbon’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube