What kind of protective mask should I use for UV Resin Crafts?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Some Resin Maker

I have just started making things with uv resin, or more appropriately, I’ve only done one small project with it (a ring that didn’t turn out very well). I use the UV resin outside. The time I made the ring, I used a mask with valves , but after I did some research, I found out that a commonplace mask, even with valves, didn’t quite cut it for the fumes and harmful vapor that any kind of resin emits. I am looking for a proper respirator/mask before I do anything else with my UV resin. Does anyone know what mask to use/buy? I am looking for something that doesn’t make me replace the filter/cartridge too often, and/or something that isn’t too expensive, at least under 30 dollars preferably. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Maker,

I don’t use UV resin, but I share the mask I use when I’m using two-part resin in this article: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/epoxy-resin-safety-precautions/

Some Resinn Maker

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you know how long these filters/cartridges last? I would only be working with resin for maybe 30 minutes each time, probably way less, and as of now I would only be doing a project up to 2 times a week. I would hope that these filters/cartridges last a decently long time because if I have to buy new ones every time I do something with resin, it would be very expensive.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Maker,

I keep my respirator in a sealed plastic bag when I’m not using it to help the cartridges last longer. As for how long they will last, that’s a better question for the cartridge manufacturer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘What kind of protective mask should I use for UV Resin Crafts?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube