What resin should I use that can easily enter small canals?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Emily

Hello ๐Ÿ˜Š. I have a cast of a tree that I’d really love to fill with red resin. The thing is that whatever material I use has to easily go through several pipes that branch off from one another, and progressively get smaller. The main one (the trunk) has a diameter just large enough to put your thumb in, its main branches are approx. the diameter of a pencil, their branches the diameter of a toothpick, with those at the tree’s termination about the diameter of a sewing needle ๐Ÿ˜ฉ.

This would be my first time working with resin so I have no clue, but it seems to me that I need resin that’s kinda watery and sets to very hard, but I couldn’t find anything on the internet. Could you, in your excellent knowlege, suggest a resin / technique that could work for me please ๐Ÿ˜… ? Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Emily,

For what you want to do, the Resin Obsession super clear resin will work well. It mixes thin and cures very hard. You can find it in several sizes in our store here:
      https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-super-clear-resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘What resin should I use that can easily enter small canals?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube