Why are my clear silicone molds cloudy now?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katsumi

Hi everyone! I’m new to resin and I’m hoping that you can help me.

I’ve bought some clear silicone crystal molds and have been using them this past week. I’m using Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy Resin. Everything has been fine, but yesterday I noticed that when I popped my crystals out of the molds, the clear silicone mold is now less clear and more of a cloudy/white color on the inside? Why did this happen? Is there a way to prevent this from happening or reverse it?

Some other things that might be important:
      – After pouring the resin into the mold, I’ll briefly use a lighter to pop the bubbles. But I don’t see how this could change the color of the inside of the entire mold.
      – To demold my castings (they’re in a cylinder tube and difficult to remove), I’ll run them under water with a little bit of soap to get them to slip out. It’s not a harsh soap.
      – After demolding, I’ll rinse them out and set them to dry before using them again.
      – The cloudiness doesn’t seem to affect the actual castings.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Unfortunately, this can be normal. The flame may be affecting things, but I can’t be for sure. I don’t have this problem using a heat gun. This is the one I use: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools/products/wow-embossing-multipurpose-heat-tool-heat-gun

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Why are my clear silicone molds cloudy now?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube