Fill a locket to protect memorial photo and hair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Debra

Hi I recently lost my granddaughter and her mother and father gave me an oval locket (approx 2cm – open down middle with a photo on one side and a lock of hair on the other) I am wanting to seal the photo and hair in the 2 separate sides of the locket to protect and waterproof it so I can wear it all the time. It has been suggested that clear resign may be the way to do this. I dont need to be able to remove the things once sealed but obviously need to be able to close the locket
      Can you assist with advice? regards Deb

Katherine Swift

Hi Deb,

I’m sorry to hear you lost your granddaughter.  It must be a very tough time for you.This tutorial on our website explains the basic techniques you would want to use to create your locket. 

https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/how-to-make-a-resin-pendant-using-a-bezel-pendant-tray/

It sounds like you are a novice?  If so, I would suggest doing some practicing first to make sure you have your skills in order.  Resin can be a bit challenging for beginners, and I would hate for you to ruin your locket that means so much to you.

We have a few beginner articles here: https://www.resinobsession.com/tag/beginner/

Alice

Hi Deb,

Firstly, so sorry for the loss of your granddaughter. I hope you are all doing well.

Secondly, how did you get on with putting the hair in resin? I’m in a similar situation. I have a locket which my Grandmother gave me many years ago and want to put a lock of my daughter’s hair in one side and her photo on the other. Preferably I’d get somebody to do this for me but no idea who! Also, the locket has holes in it so not sure how I’d stop the resin spilling through in liquid state.

Hope someone can help or offer suggestions,

Alice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Fill a locket to protect memorial photo and hair’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube