Fixing a sticky surface

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tereze

i used Amazing clear resin o make a bracelet. All cured well except the last one, which is very sticky on the surface. How can I fix the sticky surface? Can you squeeze a finished bracelet back Tito the mold and pour more resin over it completely? Or can you sand and polish to make it hard? If it’s sticky on the surface will it still be sticky even when you sand and polish it?can you just spray the surface or apply diamond glaze?

Appreciate your advice on which of these techniques will work best (if at all!)

Thanks!

Tereze

Just wanted to add – this was NOT a polyester resin I was using, it was epoxy.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tereze,

Is the surface sticky like tape or gooey like syrup? If it’s sticky, you can either sand it off or recoat with another layer of resin. Coating with the resin gloss sealer spray should work well too. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray You should need to put it back in the mold to do this.

If it’s gooey, I’m afraid you are going to have to start over. 🙁

Tereze

It’s sticky, not gooey, so I think I can salvage it. But are you saying that I need to put it back in the mold in order to use the gloss sealer spray? If I put it back in the mold could I just do another pour? I’m a little confused! Thanks so much!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I wouldn’t suggest putting it back in the mold either way. I should have had a ‘not’ in the comment above. 🙂

Tereze

Ah! Thanks!

Vicki

I did a pour in acrylic paint and now it’s sticking together

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I don’t understand your comment. What’s sticking to what?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Fixing a sticky surface’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube