how to remove gooey uncured resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tricia

I just got my new batch of resin and hardener and when I was mixing it didn’t feel as thick as usual. I even double checked to see if maybe I had accidentally added 20 ounces of resin instead of 10 of resin and 10 of hardener, but I had not made a mistake. Anyway, my project is now gooey and won’t cure. The whoops forum here says I should remove the uncured resin before reresining. But I don’t know how to do that? It talks about sanding but how can you sand something gooey? Can you explain how to remove uncured resin? Thanks

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tricia,

I’m sorry this happened to you. You will need to use some kind of a tool to scrape off/out as much as you can before recoating.

Tricia

Thanks Katherine. I used an old credit card to scrape off as much as I could and hopefully have reduced it from gooey to just tacky. I’m going to try recoating tonight. But I also got some resin drips along the sides and the bottom. Even without the goo, they are still tacky, and I have no reason to intentionally reresin those sections. Is there something you can recommend I can use to either cover or completely clean off the sides and bottom so they are no longer tacky?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘how to remove gooey uncured resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube