Not Even Sure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sarah

I’m attempting to cast a circular “gem” that is about 5 inches in diameter and 3 or 4 inches deep and it tapers into a point. I also need it to be “clear” and fairly see-through enough that a bright light can shine through as I’m going to make it look like it’s glowing. The mold I made is the actual shape, so nothing is lying flat and I don’t have to piece anything together.
      I’m also using the metallic powder’s for the color as I liked the effects they produced better, as well as the colors.
      The first cast I made, everything came out fine except that it was SUPER cloudy and not even remotely clear enough to see light through. The second cast was much easier to see light through but didn’t dry at all at the bottom (most likely due to the glitter chunks sinking this time for some reason, but the outside is still murky and cloudy…..
      Is there a way around this??????
      I’m using up so much material and I’m starting to thinking this might not work and I really need it to. ANY help would be super appreciated. <3

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

I’m sorry to hear things aren’t working out for you. This article will give you some ideas on what you can try to do differently: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-troubleshooting-tips/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Not Even Sure’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube