Putting an image at the back of a resin piece

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlotte

Hi there!

Im fairly new when it comes to resin but have picked up the basic techniques pretty quickly!
      I have this dome mold that is essentially a sphere cut in half, my idea is to make rings and pendants that have an image placed on the top of these resin-filled domes (so that when popped out the image will be magnified by the dome.) 
      However my attempts at this have failed because I keep getting biggish air bubbles where I put the image on top. Is there any way for me to reduce the air bubbles? Im using high quality photographic paper (so the image is sealed).
      Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
      Katherine Swift

Hi Charlotte,

Are you dipping the paper in resin before adding it to your casting?  By dipping, you will reduce the surface tension of the paper and are less likely to trap bubbles.

If you’re looking for ideas on how to get bubbles out of resin, this article will help: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-bubbles/

Charlotte

Thank you Katharine!

Ill try out a few of your ideas and hopefully it will minimise the bubbles! 🙂
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Putting an image at the back of a resin piece’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube