using epoxy resin to seal and coat aluminium jewellery?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hannah

Hi there,
      I’m over in the UK doing some research on what will work best as a finish to some aluminium jewellery I’m experimenting with. I’m an artist and I wanted to use my images in some way on jewellery. I have seen other artists over here digitally printing their artwork on to aluminium. I have gone about this by printing on to special decal paper, and then transferring the images on to aluminium blanks. But I want to make sure that the images are well protected and permanently secured. After asking an artist group online what their thoughts were, someone suggested epoxy resin! So my question is can I paint a thin coat of resin over the jewellery to seal and protect it, and is there a particular product you could recommend (remembering I’m in Scotland, and will perhaps need to track down a version over here).

With many thanks,
      Hannah x

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Hannah,

Yes, epoxy resin will work well for what you want to do. You can see how it works in a similar project:
      https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/domino-resin-pendant-tutorial/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘using epoxy resin to seal and coat aluminium jewellery?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube