problems!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan Silverman

I am new at Resin! I am mainly interested in making clear charms with inclusions like flowers or glitter for earrings. So I have made a few attempts. I seem to be getting some notches in the edges of a few pieces that I did in a shallow mold. These must be from bubbles sitting on the edges. I would like to know how to avoid this and how to fix it! Some of my pieces look streaky on the back, Why would this happen and can I fix it? And third Micro bubbles. They all seem to have these. They look ok but if I hold them up to the light I can see them, Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! Susan S

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I’m sorry to hear bubbles are giving you problems. How frustrating!

I had the same problems with bubbles, especially microbubbles. I hate how they look in resin charms too. That’s one of the things that lead me to create a class on how to make resin jewelry. You can learn more and enroll in class here: https://www.resinuniversity.com/ . I talk about a lot of things in class, including spending time talking about bubbles, including my best tips on how to avoid them. It sounds like you would be a good fit for the class!

Lewis

Hi I have a question about sanding resin

JOACHIM Danielle

Bonjour, j’ai voulu faire un bracelet en résine, mais le haut n’a pas durci et est resté tout collant. Quelle a été mon erreur?
      Merci de votre rponse

Lewis

Thanks, but the article doesn’t cover the mistake, I’ve searched for videos on this issue because I presume it may be fairly common for beginners. My mistake is actually because of air bubbles. Failure to torch bubbles out of the work piece properly has now caused me a sanding issue. The air bubbles were tiny, could barely see them once the resin had cured, however, now that I have started to sand the piece, I presume what has happened is that I have sanded the surface of the bubble off which has now made a tiny bowl/crater which has now filled with resin dust and created white spots on my workpiece? Do you have any solutions for this apart from cutting the section out and pouring more resin? I have photos of the spots but can’t see anywhere I can attach them

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Lewis,

You have a lot going on here! I want to help you with your project, and I think this situation is best suited for a one-on-one consulting call where you and I talk back and forth about what’s going on. A 15-minute consultation call is $20. I do them by video so I can have a chance to see what you are working on.

If you are interested, please send a message through the ‘contact us’ page and I can get this going for you. Sincerely, Katherine @ Resin Obsession

Michelle

Hi Katherine,
      Do u do 2 back to back 1 on 1 sessions? I’m still having trouble with cloudy & bubbles with the Tickets. Do u think the resin university would benefit me? Thanks!

Phoebe

Hi I’m fairly new to the resin scene! Long story short I’m currently trying to embed a tiny (very dead) baby tarantula in resin. I have sealed it but it had stuck to the plastic cup it was on! Hoe can I get it off the cup without causing damage to the little sling! It’s very delicate!! Please help! I know it’s a bit random, we keep tarantulas and lost one of our slings (baby tarantula) want to preserve it in resin.
      Thanks

Nichole

Im having an issue with divots on the sides of some projects, is there a way to fix them?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Nichole, I’m sorry this is happening to you. This article will help: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/fix-holes-and-dents-in-resin/

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘problems!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube